Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a stock Ford EFI harness. When eliminating the purge solenoid and EGR Vent Solenoid does one put in some sort of resistor in its place or leave it alone?.. I have the schematic for the EGR plug elimination with those resistors, this I know needs to be done... Thanks for you help. JJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
What EEC are you pluging into . I got a few TSB's and workshop PEO docs that may have some info
EECV is what I am running in my FPV GT in Oz and got some details on it

O

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Not sure how much tuning you are doing or if otherwise stock but...

If you are doing a tune or chip, the egr can be turned off in the tune and you Blick the plate and plug the riser tap on the header. If you use a moates quarter horse (moates.net) you can turn it off in the tune yourself.

I've never played with the resistors method. Fooling the computer isn't the same as fully removing. I have cut up the valve and left it plugged in in its lightened state and that worked well but didn't satisfy me.

With the quarter horse and tuner pro, you can also run a wide band signal unto the position sensor input for egr gp the ecu and read afr directly in the tuning emulator. Works incredibly well.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,838 Posts
Resistors

Solder a 75 ohm / 3 watt resistor into the leads for the TAB and TAD solenoids. Cut off each connector and solder the resistor to the leads directly.
That will by-pass the solenoid coils for the Thermactor "function" in the EEC (assuming a 87-93 EEC (A9L or A9P)).
The carbon canister can also be by-passed the same way.

EGR is a completely different animal - it needs feed back from the valve so a network of resistors need to be in place to "fool" the EEC into thinking it is still in the circuit. You stated that you already are aware of the fact and know to do it.

13 years on the road now with all the things mentioned by-passed - no issues or codes.

HTH

Doc :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys... 75 ohm soldered between the leads... I am using a stock A9L .... Thanks for your assistance... JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts