Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post pictures of your E4 Red Roadsters. I am pretty sure this is the color and trying to make sure and also need to decide stripes or no stripes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
you can see mine-grad 42 2010 or pm me a e mail address to see the current look-I've added numbers/decals and timing stripes-a much better look. I added blue/silver pearl to my clear coat and used Herz gold for the stripes-my E-4 seems to change color with the light though.

Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
575 Posts
you can see mine-grad 42 2010 or pm me a e mail address to see the current look-I've added numbers/decals and timing stripes-a much better look. I added blue/silver pearl to my clear coat and used Herz gold for the stripes-my E-4 seems to change color with the light though.

Bob
please post some pictures!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
E4 is the truck code. E8 is the red they used on the Mustang Cobras circa 1996 or so... Just an FYI.
It's a little confusing actually. Across the years, E4 was usually called Vermillion Red, but also sometimes Bright Red. E8 was also sometimes called Vermillion Red, but also sometimes Rio Red. Car models used for each included Mustangs, T-Birds, Mercury, Lincoln, Ford trucks, etc. Paintref.com shows all the combinations.

So I guess the moral of the story is need to be more descriptive than only saying E4.

The color I pictured in post #2 specifically is: Ford Vermillion Red (E4) PPG 4217.

·
Charter Member
616 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I seem to like obnoxiously loud colors, but I really like the Race Red color on the 2011+ mustangs.

I really think this color would look hot on a FFR. To me, it is a nicely balanced red. It isn't so bright and orangy as performance red, but it is brighter than the rio red (E8), which was a bit dark IMO.

·
Senior Charter Member
575 Posts
sorry-posting 'challenged' that's why I said e-mail
Too help, when you post, if you slide down to Additional options, there is a button in the middle that says "Manage Attachments" Click on it it will bring up a pop-up. then click on browse, this will bring up a file browser for your computer, select the picture you want to show, click open, this will close the file browser. now click upload, then click in the upper right hand corner of the pop-up on "close this window" that will close the pop-up, and the last thing you will need to do is to click "Submit Reply"

·
Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.