Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited my dad's Mk IV in 2020 that he finished in 2016. The passenger 4.6L DOHC exhaust header has a crack near the flange. I think they were made by Hooker Headers but bought from Factory Five. Part #13686. Unfortunately they don't carry this part any longer.

Last summer I had it welded but it did not hold and cracked again within a month. I ordered new headers from GAS-N but they are an inch and half too long and modifying a finished car to make it fit is more that I want to do.

I need suggestions:

1) Any chance Hooker still makes these?
2) Anyone know a qualified shop that can repair these? I think the pipe needs to be cut and a nee section inserted at the flange. I fear the weld is now contaminated so I don't want to just keep welding these.
3) Is there anyone that can make a custom header to the exact dimensions so I don't have to modify the body cutout?
4) Is it possible to shorten the Gas-N header?

I live in Oklahoma but I am willing to ship these anywhere if there is someone qualified that can do the job.

Thanks for the help,

Material property Tool Bumper Font Auto part

Drinkware Liquid Automotive tire Barware Fluid
Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Font Auto part Nickel

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
This guy used to make headers for all kinds of applications. I don't know if he's still there or if he works in stainless. I had him to coat and polish my J-pipes.

This is a legit FB page. I've never seen such jibberish when I've done a cut and paste of a link???

·
Master of my Build
2,045 Posts
Why not just go with the ford factory cast header/manifold and use the j pipe? Does FFR still sell the pipe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why not just go with the ford factory cast header/manifold and use the j pipe? Does FFR still sell the pipe?
That is an option. Part shows out of stock on website. I just emailed parts to see if they plan to restock. Header on driver side is still good and I would prefer to stick with headers because I know they will fit, but I will look into this. Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
That is an option. Part shows out of stock on website. I just emailed parts to see if they plan to restock. Header on driver side is still good and I would prefer to stick with headers because I know they will fit, but I will look into this. Thanks
If you need a J-pipe, I have mine from a MKIV, never installed. Not free but cheap and available. I'm in NM so not too far to ship. Let me know....

-TJ

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Contact Gas-N and see if they can modify your set. If you send them your old header and their headers back, they should be able to cut and weld on a new 4into1 flange in the right place. The new headers are a nice piece, just need to make them fit your application. The ball style flange on the end is a really nice feature allowing you to match the angle to that needed by the side pipes. There will be a cost, but you won't have a new set of headers sitting on the bench or worse, having to sell them off at a discount.
Georgie is great to work with, give him a call and see if he can help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts