Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of advice: I am in the process of installing my 347 Ford and T56 magnum 6 speed in my 33. I have now discovered that Factory Five does not recommend this combo.....probably because the transmission mount boss is well beyond the location of a stock T56 (making the driveshaft too long also) I have reversed the engine mount assemblies which brings the transmission mount boss to the correct location but oil pan contact results and I suspect will also cause radiator / fan issues (at least). I ordered my car designating the 302/T56 install but was unaware of the Magnum differences. Alright, I have scoured the forums and internet to no avail. I am going to install this thing but any advice/experience from this great group would be appreciated

·
Registered
724 Posts
Best thing to do here is post some pics that the guys can look at.Most of us buy our own drive shafts and make motor and trans mounts when it is other than stock. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Fx
I think the T56 Magnum will fit. Once the engine mounts are swapped sides it will gain clearance and I think will even clear the tunnel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mike & Glenn....based on your info, I think I will mount the grille/radiator assy and see if I encounter any clearance issues with the fan, belt drive, etc. I will report the findings. As I mentioned, reversing the engine mounts has the magnum trans mount in the correct area which would allow the driveshaft length (hopefully not too short?). The oil pan contacting the X at the front and the cooling / drive fit would be the next concern.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Speedway Motors has drive shafts in tons of combos of yokes and drive shaft lengths, so you dont have to worry about that. Good prices too

·
Junior Charter Member
592 Posts
I just had Drive Systems shorten the FFR driveshaft for my T56 Magnum XL/Coyote combination. I didn't have any motor mount/transmission mount issues with that combination, but I did have lots of tunnel clearance issues. In the end I got it all fitted and it works nicely in the car. In fact, it has been getting a workout on the drag strip tonight.

-Matthew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts