Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need recommendations for my engine upgrades. I am thinking about I have only purchase new electronic distributor headers fuel pump and holley carburetor. Considering upgrading to

Cam kit with Cylinder Head, Performer RPM, Aluminum, Assembled, 60cc Chamber, 190cc Intake, Ford, 289, 302, 351W, Each

Or
Gt40 heads ported

What is your recommendation on the engine upgrades?

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,822 Posts
Need recommendations for my engine upgrades. I am thinking about I have only purchase new electronic distributor headers fuel pump and holley carburetor. Considering upgrading to

Cam kit with Cylinder Head, Performer RPM, Aluminum, Assembled, 60cc Chamber, 190cc Intake, Ford, 289, 302, 351W, Each

Or
Gt40 heads ported

What is your recommendation on the engine upgrades?
I can help, give me a call and we can talk at length about the best setup for how you want to use your car.

·
14,822 Posts
I tailor packages for the individual on how you want to use the car, budget and existing parts. The recommendation can change depending on the conversation we have. Throwing a list of parts out is necessarily helpful.

·
14,822 Posts
On that kind of budget you will need to do a lot of ebay and marketplace hunting. You distributor looks like a pertronics. That is decent to start with. I probably have a used set of long tube headers for it I can let go of pretty cheap. A decent hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifter kit will be under $300 new, ( FOLLOW the directions on break in!). A set of Edelbrock SCCA spec aluminum heads with a 1.94" intake valve, push rods, roller rockers, wiend stealth intake and a Quickfuel brawler 650 carb with mechanical secondaries will put you at the limit of your budget and get you into the 340hp range. I am a dealer for all these. The other things to consider is making sure the rest of your car it up for this. The suspension, brakes, trans and the rest all need to be a up to the task.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.