Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why not put that work into a FFR, thats what I say. Still 300#s lighter and looks and sounds are almost as important as the performance. The Cobra clearly wins in this category. Plus I would hate to tell people I drive a Miata. Even if it had a huge 514 stroker in it.

My 2 cents, Adam

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
I've been contemplating doing one of these. It's a great sleeper car and it's got a top. I think the Miata has potential with some slight body tweaks, the right wheels and a 5.0 in it.

It would be cool to have a daily driver like that.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
A couple of years ago there was an spot on speedvision about these cars. The company called them monster miatas. It looks like a neat idea an they really scream but I don't fit very well in it.

Dan

·
5,042 Posts
A well executed Monster Miata based on an older car sells for about $15,000. Theres enough reasons for you

·
1,743 Posts
I was at the Tri-Counties Cobra breakfast with Calvin last Saturday. On the way home I stopped in Simi Valley to get gas and was asked "Is that one of those kit cars?" I told him "yep, based on an 84 VW". He just smiled and walked away.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,177 Posts
Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

The Japanese have captured some of the V Twin market. Why not the US/UK sports car Market?

Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! NOT!!!

a phrase comes to mind when i saw that " Butt Ugly" :D

·
5,573 Posts
I thought about building one of the monster miata's (not the hideous 427 one posted above)before I cam across FF. If you think about it....very small package, lots of grunt and very unique. Way happier with where I landed though.

I like this statement from the 427 knockoff

"With the installation of the Monster Miata '427' body conversion kit, you'll transform your stock (or body-damaged) Miata into a unique version of a 427 roadster. For a small fraction of the effort and the cost, you can present the illusion that you spent years restoring an original of this rendition of "The bad news in Ferrari's rearview mirror."

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
AAAAAAGHGHHHHH!!! My EYES! That is fugly. Miata's are not bad little sportscars, especially w/ a Jackson Racing supercharger kit in it.. but who would want to ruin both a Cobra *and* a Miata? That is just... sick.

Will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts