Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,746 Posts
KG,

That looks terrific, really nice work. Where did you get the big mounting clamps which are pictured holding the 3" hose? I'm gonna need some of those, or something like them, I'm doing nearly the exact same thing.

Chris.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Very Very Nice! Best I've ever seen! The rest of the car ain't so bad either.

·
Building
833 Posts
Excellent! - Man it is hard keeping up with the Jones here |o|

Ron

·
2,746 Posts
Also, the molding around the round hole thru the elephant ear? Where did that come from?

TIA

Chris.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Originally posted by Cwood8656:
KG,

That looks terrific, really nice work. Where did you get the big mounting clamps which are pictured holding the 3" hose? I'm gonna need some of those, or something like them, I'm doing nearly the exact same thing.

Chris.
Just found some here http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/clamps.html #MS21919-DG48

·
2,746 Posts
Thanks, convincor,

Aircraft Spruce is always helpfull.

Chris.

·
Junior Charter Member
835 Posts
Hey Kgcabs! Looks great!

Is the white section immediately above the shock a fan motor?

Are you installing any sort of gate or vent control?

Also - on a slight side note, do you have a picture that shows to the left of your first photo? I'd be interested in seeing how the side of your footbox looks at the bottom - right near the body mount is located. I'm having a bit of a struggle getting that lined up properly.

thanks,
Darrell

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Did you have to buy a whole roll of the grommet edging? I have been trying to fine some, but the only way i can get it is in 100" rolls which is way too much. you know of any sources that sell it shorter lengths?

Mike

·
2,746 Posts
John,

Thanks, did'nt think of McMaster-Carr. I should have my own desk there by now....

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the compliments. To me, form is almost as important as function.

Clamps from Aircraft Spruce. Part #: MS21919-DG48

Grommet material from a local surplus store. $3 for about 50'. They had 3 or 4 more rolls. Let me know if anyone else needs some I can swing back over and get the remaining rolls.

The vent kit is from Cobra Earls, a forum vender. Each footbox has a gate included in the kit. The inside of the footboxes are sprayed with Lizard Skin.

Darrel is this what you need?

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
Looks great Karl!

you're going to have a REALLY nice car when it's done.

which surplus store? i need some of that flexible grommet stuff

good work!

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pete, The one further North on Johnson. Not sure of the name. Are you ever going to check out the car in person

·
Junior Charter Member
835 Posts
Hi Kgcabs,

Thanks. That's perfect. Although we both have MkIIIs - mine is a different configuration at the bottom. It doesn't fit near as nice as yours. Did you have to do much tweaking with the aluminum? As it stands - I've got a good 1 to 2 inch gap between the body mounting bracket and the side footbox panel.

I'll be checking into Cobra Earl's vent kit soon!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
Karl,

i actually started driving to your house on Sunday, but got a little lost.

you're going to have to give me directions again. i couldn't find a street with traffic bumps like you described.

your car looks so great in the pics you've posted, i just know i'm going to be jealous...so i've been trying to avoid the envy...but i am going to make it over soon.

what are you doing this weekend?

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DL, I fabbed my own, larger, footboxes. I made templates out of heavy paper so I did not have to do much tweaking of the aluminum. 1-2"! Something is wrong. Should lay in something like this.

Pete, We will be around. You have nothing to be jealous about...we just took different approaches...your car also is GREAT! Jeff said your car is his best work yet.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Karl,
Can you post some pics of the engine bay?

thanks

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts