Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bluedee
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am working on my series one Daytona and I just discovered a space issue for the throttle pedal and my size 12 shoes. I mocked up a seat and parked myself in it and there is no way my foot is going to work on the throttle pedal. I have the Ford pedal box with the modified brake pedal and Russ Thompson throttle pedal. Has anyone tried to box out the aluminum panel on the right side to give more room?

Jim S

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
There is a way to bend the clutch and brake pedal to move them to the left making more clearance for the gas pedal. There's a tool for it that used to float around the forum as a pay it forward item.

John

·
Bluedee
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to check on that,, seems crazy that I had a mark 2 roadster with no issues and this one is a really big issue.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I made a bump out in the right side of the driver's footbox on my Gen 2 Coupe. With the engine and exhaust manifold in place I did a cardboard mockup allowing a bit of room from the exhaust manifold, then fabricated the bump out with aluminum.

Here's a link to the post in my build thread where I describe it a bit.

Building Coupe 674

·
Bluedee
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made a bump out in the right side of the driver's footbox on my Gen 2 Coupe. With the engine and exhaust manifold in place I did a cardboard mockup allowing a bit of room from the exhaust manifold, then fabricated the bump out with aluminum.

Here's a link to the post in my build thread where I describe it a bit.

Building Coupe 674
That should work perfectly for me as i have about 2.5 inches to work with there,,, Thanks for the tip Glenn!

·
349 Posts
There’s no way the right side of the foot box on my coupe could be any farther out because my headers just barely miss as it is. And so I had to install a piece of super high heat insulation material in between to keep the foot box from getting really hot. But I know what you mean. I’m using a Wilwood pedal box, which works fine but I have to wear racing shoes with a real narrow sole to keep away from the brake pedal. This actually turned out to be a good thing, because I built a kind of a spacer to go on top of my gas pedal that lifts it up and makes it level and even with the brake pedal and this makes it a lot easier to get onto the brake and the gas at the same time so I can blip the gas to down shift and brake at the same time. So being so narrow actually worked out fine. But again, I have to wear the racing shoes with the real narrow sole.

·
First Time Builder
336 Posts
I wear a size 10, but the issue for me is sole width and spanning too many pedals at once. I wear a 4E width. Don’t want to punch the brake and gas at the same time. What I did is bought a pair of narrow driving shoes and wear them only while I’m driving. They are more like socks with a stiff narrow sole. It solved my width issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts