Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still working on a different kind of ac, but wanted to try to get more airflow in the footboxes. I bought Earl's vent system and installed the system. The fans do ok, not great. So, I took the fan out of the drivers side and placed it in passenger side. Dual fans, same hose. One fan behind the wheel, the other one past the elephant panel. Moves a lot more air. Not ac, but much better. I found a dc compressor for the ac, but they want $625 and it uses a lot of amps. I guess a regular compressor with the evaporator and blower in the trunk is going to be the best answer for me. Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
6,409 Posts
A/C Source

Call North Race Cars and talk to Richard Oben.

They sell a unit made for small cars, and you get all new equipment.

One thing I think you need to consider is that units mounted in the trunk, with the pump on the engine, (and the condenser still in front of the radiator) will require longer hoses which means more fluid inside.

That fluid is quite expensive, you need to calculate the reqired volume to avoid the "sticker shock" when you see the price after the system is filled.

Regards, Rick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.