Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about the possibility of the driver's right foot rubbing the side of the driver's foot box and wearing down the carpet? Is this a possibility? Does the carpet address this issue, has anyone had a problem or a fix? Just thinking.... dangerous!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,501 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
A cheap fix is to rivet an aluminum "skid plate" where your foot will rub the carpet. It will look good and is replacable with a few rivets.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Brian, there just isn't much room in there if you're above a size 9. In answer to your basic question, with my set up there is some rubbing of the carpet.

I wanted (needed) a dead pedal on the left. That determines the remaining space for pedal placement with the bender etc. It is VERY important that you be able to get your foot off the dead pedal and on to the other pedals quickly, so don't skimp on that space.

It is also important to be able to hit the pedals individually. Again with big feet the spacing disappears rapidly.

My last adjustment was to cut my gas pedal down to a 1" wide piece that is still very close to the carpet.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts