Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost ready to register my car. What should I do and how difficult and painful will this be. If any of you have time please let me know. Thanks

·
Charter Member
1,000 Posts
Very easy but only bring the invoice from F5 not all your parts to save on taxes.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
708 Posts
Rick's post is right on. I actually went through this today and walked out titled as a 1965 Roadster, make is Factory Five and they used my FFR number as my VIN.

One of the tricks is to know your definitions in Fl law. PM me tomorrow with a phone number and I'll walk you through some of the details. But basically you're shooting for Replica. Under the definition Replica is a new vehicle that is assembled and includes a new chassis and body. They'll want to check you off as a component car cause they're used to it. Get them to look it up if you have to.

The only trap is DHSMV policy says the vehicle will be titled as the year it's completed, but you should be able to talk them out of that. The CO says 1965 Replica and your insurance should say 1965 also. You should be able to get them to use 2006 in the Year Aquired box and then 1965 in the Year box.

Anyway, I don't mean to ramble. Shoot me a number and I'll answer whatever questions I can for you.

Dana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts