Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of flashers work based on the number of bulbs that they are driving.
Quite a while back, in this forum, somebody mentioned a flasher that would work properly regardless of the number of bulbs that it's driving.
I can't find that post for the life of me.
Can anyone tell me if they are available and give me a part #, if possible?
Thanks,

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
convincor;
In your ref Tom Slick describes his setup how it works but I'm looking for the actual flasher. They're the can type parts usually found by themselves behind teh dash.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Lawrence

I don't know what post you are refering to, but here's what I did:

The newer Mustang harnesses use more bulbs for the tail lights and head lights, if one is missing or not functional then the turn signal for that side blinks faster than normal, that has been the case for both of my Modular Projects, SuperCobra and Double Displacement. (since I am not using all of the bulbs).

I just replaced the YELLOW Ford Flasher for a Tridon EP27 that I bought at Autozone (about 13 dlls) and the fast blinking went back to normal.

here are the flashers that might work if that's what you are looking to do:

Tridon EP27
Hella 66057
Ford F672-13350-BA

as I said I used the Tridon one.

HTH

SERGIO
---------------------
Ongoing Projects:
"SuperCobra" - 1st of its kind
"Double Displacement" - '03 GT into '87 Stang

Past Projects:
"Cobra4Me" - 5.0 FFR MKI - Sold
"3 Novas" - 2 BBC Novas, 1 SBC

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Any "electronic" flasher will do as you are asking. They are not tied into their load. Pete

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I googled the Tridon EP27 and it is an electronic flasher and it is not load dependent.
Solved my problem.
Thanks guys.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,501 Posts
I also just changed to the ep27. Got it at pep boys. It did work. I previously bought some resisters that were meant to add load when using led bulbs. They did work also but it is much cleaner with the ep27.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts