Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who run EFI (specifically fitech), have you needed to drill a third hole through your firewall for the wiring or have you been able to feed it through an existing hole, ie rear harness hole?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I just added the Fitech wires to another wire loom.
David W

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,130 Posts
When I did my conversion, the only wires into the interior were for the hand-held, which I fit into and existing Pass-through. All power came from an auxiliary fuse panel under the hood.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I kept the 6 pin connection in the engine bay but tucked it away up and out of sight. this way I could disconnect and remove, if something ever happened to the fitech, without the need to pass the connection through the aluminum. I then have the wires that are from the other side of the 6 pin plug which go to the fuel pump relay, fan control, ignition, etc; integrated into a split loom that I put through the pass-through hole which is shared with the rear harness. Then those particular wires are separated to their needed location within the ds footbox area.

The controller plug ins hang loose under the air cleaner. If i ever need to run and drive it while checking the controller, I can close the hood over the cable and keep my eye on the screen. But that has never come up. I keep the controller in a box in the trunk.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. I didn't really want to drill an extra hole in the firewall if not needed. it didn't seem like there were too many wires for FiTech to require a separate hole/grommet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts