Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my kit has been ordered for a while with a delivery to occur late August, and I am ready to get going!

I will be using one of the new Ford Racing Products 427 crate engines (supplied by Mike Forte). This engine has the large rear oil sump and will have the Vintage Air Front runner system alternator and a/c compressor.

Anyone have any knowledge regarding any clearance issues with this setup (regarding oil sump and front runner system)? Any other 33 owners/builders in the Little Rock, AR area?

Thanks to all of those who have done the great job of posting information on this wonderful site, and to those of you who provide information to us that ask for help!

·
3,798 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is that a big block or 351 based engine? Are you going to use the electric steering kit? I am not running AC so I have no idea on the front dress question.
Doug

·
Registered
20 Posts
i dont have an answer for the OP. but i think the engine he is referring to is 351W-based. from what I know, Ford Racing doesnt make any 427 Big blocks at the moment.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
i dont have an answer for the OP. but i think the engine he is referring to is 351W-based. from what I know, Ford Racing doesnt make any 427 Big blocks at the moment.
I agree on the motor, I saw the thing at the FRPP booth last year.

I also don't have an answer about that combo. Welcome to the forums and hopefully someone will have some data on that setup.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Is that a big block or 351 based engine? Are you going to use the electric steering kit? I am not running AC so I have no idea on the front dress question.
Doug
Doug, This is the 351w stroker that Ford motor company is now selling, and I do not plan on using the electric steering kit, as I understand from reading this forum that there are interference issues with the 351 based engines.

Thanks, Don

·
3,798 Posts
I looked at that motor in November at SEMA. The rear sump pan should clear fine.
Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are running a 351 block stroked to a 408. Got the motor installed little over a week ago and had no major fitment issues. We got our motor from the engine factory and they were able to notch the oil pan to fit the power steering unit. The only fitment issue we had was with the power steering unit. If we had the oil pan notched another 1/8 inch it wouldn't have been a problem. I was able to rotate the power steering unit down and away just enough to clear with a little grinding on the mounting bolt holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.