Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will upload the video tomorrow when I get some more space on the server.

Only a stock engine, but talk about a lot of power. Still can't figure out why the timing is 30 degrees retarted, but she runs good.

From a post a while back, I got new rear axles and the studs were not straight. Well they straigtend out on the second lap which caused the lug nuts to come loose and fall off. Didn't loose the wheel but really close.

Either way...WooHoo.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,086 Posts
30 degrees retarded, probably a slipped balancer ring.

Assuming you didn't change pointers (there are 3 possible positions over the years?) and are getting on the #1 plug wire.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard the slipping ring, but I set the car at tdc and the balancer is right at 0 degrees, so I don't think it can be the balancer.

And here is a pic from after the drive till I can get the video up.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure did Porxter. No the marks don't go to 30 on either side, only to 20. But you can kind of guess based on the distance.

I did disconnect the vacuum for setting the timing. I am not a guru as far as tuning an engine, but have done it enough times to get about 85% tuned right. Figure I may just have to do the timing by ear. Thanx for the advice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the Video of the first drive up.

Video

It's a 30meg file so it will take a few to download. Probably best to save locally then view it.

I couldn't have done it without the help of all the great users on here. Many thanks.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Congrats!
Sounds strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts