Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well maybe the second or third. I thought I would share a little bit of the last 3 weekends with you guys. Sometimes when you first start you have a little adjustments to make so that it will run correctly. I had to adjust the New TPS sensor, The Throttle, The timing, and the distributor had to be changed tooth by tooth three times to get it right. The Water pump leaked like a sieve. I had the wrong gasket on it. Finally got it to idle and hold water.. first video. Click on the pictures for video.

After the successful idle I decided to put the steering wheel on and take it down the alley. I started to turn out of the garage when the seal on the top of the Power Steering rack popped and sprayed Power Steering fluid all over. So I ordered a Rack seal kit from Rock auto to fix it. It seems I had the power steering hoses reversed . Last Saturday I got that repaired and decided to take it for its maiden voyage. Pardon the Video but I was thinking about a lot of things at the time.

Last Sunday the next day I was giving my nephew and his two sons a little putt putt up the alley until one of the neighbors called the cops telling them I was doing burn outs in the alley. It may have sounded that way but the neighbors don't know the difference between an engine revving and a burnout. I was a good boy and put it away. The cops could tell I was just excited about my progress and left.

·
iBuild
5,824 Posts
JJ, sounds like a rough couple of week followed by getting the cops called on you. Love neighbors sometimes lol. We are fortunate in that all of ours were very cool and supportive of the project, but again seems more and more like people would rather call the cops the walk over and say hey what ya doing or can you keep it down.

Scott

·
Snake Farmer
10,355 Posts
Do you live in a retirement park..lol.. what's with your neighbors? Sheesh!
Maybe it was that lady walking in the video, was she carrying an infant in a carrier? Maybe the kid pooped his diaper..:p

Engine sounds pretty good, but does it idle OK?

Second post I read today about power steering fluid making a mess.. Sure glad I don't have to worry about that!:D

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Sound GREAT and looks like fun JJ!

You'll be go-karting on the street in no time! LOTS of FUN!

What throttle pedal did you install?
I have a RT, which I really like, but when I take the body back off again, I'm going to move it to the right a tad and move the brake pedal to the left a bit too. You can drive it as it is, but it takes some getting used to. I've gone for the brake a couple times and hit the gas too.

Glad to see you worked your issues out, keep us posted.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
the cops were not either of my two close friends that are Brea cops, they would have well known what they were looking at, as they helped me build mine.

in fact, they are the actual people that told me about Factory Five in the first place!

where are the stripes in the driveway from the alleged burnout? :blush: :blush: :blush:

cheers,

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sound GREAT and looks like fun JJ!

You'll be go-karting on the street in no time! LOTS of FUN!

What throttle pedal did you install?
I have a RT, which I really like, but when I take the body back off again, I'm going to move it to the right a tad and move the brake pedal to the left a bit too. You can drive it as it is, but it takes some getting used to. I've gone for the brake a couple times and hit the gas too.

Glad to see you worked your issues out, keep us posted.
Russ Thomas peddle.

I have been working, in between repairs on electrical system checks. ABS light was coming on and I had to wire my rear sensors to their harness to the front. Wired those then the came on and went off then came on again after a few seconds. When I was changing the water pump gasket I noticed there was a loose ground wire running to the motor on the ABS unit. I made a new ground wire and wha-la. The light confirmed good .... As the engine heated up I was watching the temperature gauge temporarily installed and when it reached 210 I engaged the mechanical thermostat I put on the fan back its adjustment down so as the fan came on. Switched the wires to the high speed and the fan kicked up in speed. Grounded the horn relay and one of my two junk yard horns worked and one did not. Just prior to HB I had checked all my lights and all were good. Next I have to wire the Dash to the car and start my registration....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cops were not either of my two close friends that are Brea cops, they would have well known what they were looking at, as they helped me build mine.

in fact, they are the actual people that told me about Factory Five in the first place!

where are the stripes in the driveway from the alleged burnout? :blush: :blush: :blush:

cheers,
You should let me know their names and If I ever get the cops called on me again I will throw their names and yours....

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
That's Great! Congrats. I bet that feels really good. Finally makes it a real car! :) Keep it up!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just excellent !!!!

Jj .... You gotta be pumped !!! I'm very excited for you !!!! You have been enjoying the build... Much tooooo long .... You otta be pressing down on the thin pedal on the right, making noise, burning fossil fuel and wearing a smile.... You should be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and hearing fat ladies singing !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts