Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is home on leave this week before he starts his third tour in Iraq. We have been doing a huge push to get the Cobra fired up while he is back here. We wired up the minimum gauges, temp and oil pressure. Threw out the AAW wiring diagram and finally wired the MSD box and ignition switch. After filling the fuel bowls we gave it it's first shot and low and behold it kicked right over! :D

We had to make several attempts priming the carb bowls before we actually had enough fuel in the lines to sustain running. After the batteries run down on the camera we actually had it running at a nice idle. Sorry no video of that part of the evening. :( Yes we did open the garage door.

Now a video of it actually running! Thanks again guys!

We still have a huge amount of wiring to do and bleed the brakes then I think we just might have a go-kart! :eek: Thanks so much for all of your help on the forum to get to this point.
This was a huge step forward. Thanks!

Mike M.

[ April 17, 2007, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Huckleberry5 ]

·
near graduate!
575 Posts
Gotta LOVE the carb set up! So cool!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Better check your initial timing. Dont be too afraid of the flames. Just get out that wrench and timing light and have at it. Start with 12 deg. of intiial timing.

·
Cone Killer
1,781 Posts
Feels great doesn't Mike? Now get back to work and you'll have a go-cart in no time.

Perry

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We added a video of the car actually running. HUGE step! This is with no adjustments to timing and no carb adjustments. Still have to hook up the choke. I think it is pretty close now. I did set off the Co detectors in the house tho. :D Gotta love that smell! What was my name again?

Mike M.

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Now you just have to fix everything so the flames stop coming out of the carb and start coming out of the tailpipes "Greased Lightening" style!

·
Banned
249 Posts
awesome,cogratulations

1 - 9 of 9 Posts