Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our first start this weekend of mk4 7881, received 8/22/12.

All went well, we just did a quick start before everything else is hooked up to verify we got it right to this point. I will post a video soon.

I have a question about the MAP sensor. I am running the stock pressure regulator and MAP sensor off of the nipple under the upper intake, split with a tee fitting to each. Will the FPR cause any wavering vacuum signal to the MAP sensor?

I installed my ACT sensor in the neck of the 94/95 cobra intake where originally the vacuum tree was located.

Thanks,

Tyler

·
8,022 Posts
Will the FPR cause any wavering vacuum signal to the MAP sensor?
The FPR does not 'switch' like the TAB or TAD solenoids so it shouldn't impact the signal that the MAP sensor is seeing. You could always hook a vacuum gauge up to double check if you are that concerned.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The FPR does not 'switch' like the TAB or TAD solenoids so it shouldn't impact the signal that the MAP sensor is seeing. You could always hook a vacuum gauge up to double check if you are that concerned.
Thanks for the response.

Here is a video: Just ordered all the russell plumbing needed to complete the hydroboost/PS this weekend hopefully.

Also thanks for the helpful threads on the forum as I pieced together 4 radiator hoses to make my connections perfectly without the SS hose...

IMG_2697.mp4 video by twyluh - Photobucket

·
Premium Member
7,232 Posts
you appear to have a mass-air meter, so you should NOT have a MAP sensor. It is a BAP (barometric air pressure) sensor instead. It should not have a vac line running to it. :beer:

[edit] - its the same sensor either way...but only speed density systems need a vac line. Mass air do not.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you appear to have a mass-air meter, so you should NOT have a MAP sensor. It is a BAP (barometric air pressure) sensor instead. It should not have a vac line running to it. :beer:

[edit] - its the same sensor either way...but only speed density systems need a vac line. Mass air do not.
Good to know. I will plug the port and just run the line from FPR to the manifold.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
150 Posts
We had our first start this weekend of mk4 7881, received 8/22/12.

All went well, we just did a quick start before everything else is hooked up to verify we got it right to this point. I will post a video soon.

I have a question about the MAP sensor. I am running the stock pressure regulator and MAP sensor off of the nipple under the upper intake, split with a tee fitting to each. Will the FPR cause any wavering vacuum signal to the MAP sensor?

I installed my ACT sensor in the neck of the 94/95 cobra intake where originally the vacuum tree was located.

Thanks,

Tyler
You're making awesome progress!

·
Official OLD GUY
3,877 Posts
Bap

Wade, you're just tooo fast for me . . . That is exactly what grabbed my attention when I re-read the post.

You Da Man . . .

Doc :beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.