Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
Finally got the wiring done and got her fired up today. Its a 331 with Ford Racing X head and a TFS stage II cam, Performer RPM Airgap with a 650 Demon. Had a couple issues, a little fuel leak at the float bowls where the hard line comes in. Also a power steering hose leaking at the rack. Timing was out 180* at first which resulted in some pops out the pipes and a big fireball out of the carb that scared the bejeezus out of my Nephews! Turned the dizzy 180 and she fired right up. Everything works, lights, signals, horn, wiper, alt charging, tach and all the gauges work. Pulled it forward and back in the garage so it was a mini go kart. Gotta add some antifreeze and go over the brakes again before taking it out on the open road! Lots of little stuff to button up before the body goes on. Paints all done so then its just the finish work. Great day overall. I would post a video if I could figure out how to get it from my camera onto photobucket!!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
We need a video!

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,825 Posts
Very Nice...Happy New Year!

I've been watching your auto-signature for a few months...been wonder how long it takes to wire a carb! :)

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK first try at video hosting....

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
lol

not the best video I've seen this week

Blank screen with a voice over, a question,"Why is it recording?"

I got off the sofa for that!

Cheers
Vic

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it fixed... the video #s didnt match on the camera so it took me a while to find which video it was. I think its good now!

Mike

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Sounds awesome! I'm smiling ear to ear.

I hope mine sounds close to that, I kind of regret asking Levy to back me down one cam!

Do you know what he has you running?

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Success!!!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
Way to go Mike!!!! Can't wait to see that little beast on the road.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Congrats!
Sounds AWESOME!

-Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the positive comments guys, its been a long time comin! I was originally going with the Comp Cams XE274HR because the short block came with it. Turns out a distributor gear mismatch wore out the cam gear so I had to go with something else. I had already had the heads set up for the Comp Cam so this one was pretty close to the same specs at a better price so I went with it. The XE274HR cam offered a 0.555/0.565 lift split, a 224/232 duration split, and a 112-degree lobe-separation angle. I will post up another video when I get the sidepipes on and pull it outside.

Mike

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
good stuff!! congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.