Factory Five Racing Forum banner

541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #542 (Edited)
5 miles on the odometer after today. Took my son on the maiden voyage through the neighborhood. Brakes work OK. Good throttle response. Took my wife for a spin around the block and things felt a bit sluggish. It wasn't until I pulled it back into the garage that I smelled the brake pads and realized that I failed to release the parking brake.
I'll post video once it uploads.
Edit. Here you go

Reactions: Paul L and JRCuz

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's great - congratulations!
When video'ing, remember, landscape is a good thing. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Been having fun go Karting around the neighborhood lately. Set ride height to 4"front and 4.5"rear tonight. Getting trans tunnel prepared for wrapping. Put some nut serts for the shifter bezel. I'm contemplating having my upholsterer make a matching shifter boot to match the dash, seats, and tunnel cover but also like the contrast and throw back feel of the rubber accordion boot. Need to get an alignment tool and start some body work. Also realized tonight that my seat warmer switch which will ultimately be in the tunnel cover was hanging down in the tunnel this whole time go Karting. I'm lucky it didn't get caught in the drive shaft and get ripped off.

Reactions: jhargrove
541 - 546 of 546 Posts