Factory Five Racing Forum banner

401 - 420 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Soon... waiting on engine mounts that are backordered. FF originally sent the wrong ones.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Got forte's spacers already. 289 with a T5. How many of the spacers did you guys end up needing?

·
Not a waxer
11,768 Posts
Got forte's spacers already. 289 with a T5. How many of the spacers did you guys end up needing?
I've built several cars with the Windsor/T5/live axle combination using the Fox body Energy Suspension mounts provided by Factory Five and none of them required spacers to bring the pinion angle into spec.

Jeff

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
I've built several cars with the Windsor/T5/live axle combination using the Fox body Energy Suspension mounts provided by Factory Five and none of them required spacers to bring the pinion angle into spec.

Jeff
I've read a bunch about pinion angles, but is there an ideal driveshaft angle in order to get pinion angle in spec?

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Good catch railroad. I think the FFR instruction say to to do it too.

Forte cut mine off too on my TKO600.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
From my understanding, t5 doesn't need trimmed. Any takers on my"ideal drivetrain angle" question?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Submarine belt. I'm guessing it gets bolted to the floor, correct? At first I thought maybe it bolted to the 2x2 frame under the center section of the breeze mount opening, but not enough strap for that. I ended up bolting it about 3-4"in front of the breeze mount to the floor.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Ok Jeff. I will do it. The instructions did not indicate to install that. There was no bracket to secure it too.

Any ideas on where to secure it?

No instructions.

Thank you very much!

Jason

·
Junior Charter Member
617 Posts
Just make sure the bolt goes through the plate, not just the aluminum.

Without the submarine belt, it is my understanding that in a collision the lap belt can move up above your hips and crush your internal organs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

401 - 420 of 423 Posts