Factory Five Racing Forum banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
E brake pulley mod complete. A few observations...
-The lokar clevis is nice in that you can adjust the tension once you get the cables in and snugged down with the set screws. I'm not sure how you'd be able to achieve this with the stock set up.
-It's difficult getting the same amount of tension on both cables.
-I did a modified set up using part of the stock clevis to get enough clearance under the frame assembly. Extended the stock clevis most of the way. I think there are 4-5 threads connecting the 2 pieces but seems plenty solid after multiple rounds of testing.
- consider doing this before attaching cockpit aluminum since there's not enough room drilling from the trans tunnel. I did not. As a result I have a bolt going through the aluminum, but this will be completely covered by the carpet and the seat. I had to drill a pilot hole through the aluminum first to gauge where I was relative to the 3/4 tube and then guestimate where the center of the tube was going to be through the aluminum panel.
- cut the cable with a dremel with cut off wheel. Standard cable cutters aren't enough. You'll also need to cut away some of the plastic sheath as this doesn't want to fit through with it on.

Overall pretty happy with the results. Full tension after 4-5 clicks of the hand brake. I'm going to cut some of the excess cable once I'm sure I'm happy with it.

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
407 Posts
It will be 100% resistant, till brake fluid get on it.
This post makes me laugh each time I'm searching through egchewy's build looking for an answer. :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Great updates, egchewy!
Looking forward to seeing your engine in the car.
Congrats on the fundraiser, awesome! Will make a big difference in a lot of people's lives.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Been polishing aluminum intake. Wet sanded to 3000 grit then aluminum polish with a drill and dremel. So many nooks! Hope to put the engine back together sometime this week. Need to get some offset bushings after pulling the steering rack back off.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Is it just me, or does my dash seem to be bent the wrong way at the bottom? Manual shows it bent the other way. Did I get a right hand drive dash?

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
My wife took our daughter to the mall yesterday and she picked this to play on. Must be a sign. Digging the wilwoods and 428. Expensive tastes like her mom.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Cool! Great to start her off right. GO BUCKS!
JR

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
I'm wanting to mount my dash without screws through the face of the dash. been looking at edwards's set up with the angled pieces of metal on the backside that screws into the 3/4 " tubing. I've noticed that the dash does not line up with the 3/4" curved frame. how much frame should be showing on the sides? and should the dash be even with the frame in the middle in terms of height? also where should I curve the dash forward? and i'm assuming this bend is done after the dash is covered, right?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Seems like a small accomplishment, but I finally got my heads back on the block after snapping 2 of the bolts on the same side. I ended up buying a new set of bolts and had to replace the ones on the first side that was already assembled and torqued to spec. I'm starting to the the rest of the engine assembled and will plan on painting once all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Seems like a small accomplishment, but I finally got my heads back on the block after snapping 2 of the bolts on the same side. I ended up buying a new set of bolts and had to replace the ones on the first side that was already assembled and torqued to spec. I'm starting to the the rest of the engine assembled and will plan on painting once all together.
Awesome

I thought every single step of the engine build was a big accomplishment.

I replaced all the hardware and used ARP every where. They make kits and send the proper lubes and lock with them.

Jason

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Heads cleaned, new valve seals. Block was previously rebuilt so very little needed done. Tore everything apart, cleaned all the old silicon and seals, stripped old paint. New gaskets and RTV. Polished intake and valve covers.

261 - 280 of 310 Posts