Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One heck of a journey, but I finally got plates. Still a long way from being done, but it drives very well and I absolutely love it.

Still need to properly set front ride height, install louvers, undercoat splash panels, radiator aluminum, finish a bit of carpet, re-cover glovebox door etc. etc. etc.

Can't stop grinning!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Congratulations Andrew!

Hope to be at that stage myself within the next week.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
great feeling getting legal

i got legal and didn't work on the car for 3 months, then another 3 months of driving, now weather is coming time to get back to work, have fun i know i have.

and the louvers are nice not being in to get to side pipe bolts, i just installed mine i used a 1.5" x 8" x1/8" flat stock aluminum and adhered it to the back with some clamps, used a black
3M seam sealer. then got some heavy duty velcro and installed them on the flat stock, now easy to get to side pipe bolts for quick removal.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
looks great! Congrats! cant wait to get there too!!!!

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Looks Great!
Congrats!

-Steve

·
Registered
938 Posts
Congrats, looks great. I just wonder on a scale of 1-10 how much does that front license plate bug you? I am still going illegal on mine with no front plate. I can't stomach putting one up there. I think its going to have to cost me a ticket first before I go there.

Have a great time with the car though, front plate or not...its a ton of fun!

·
Junior Charter Member
983 Posts
Andrew:
That looks amazing. Congratulations!

Greg

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats, looks great. I just wonder on a scale of 1-10 how much does that front license plate bug you? I am still going illegal on mine with no front plate. I can't stomach putting one up there. I think its going to have to cost me a ticket first before I go there.

Have a great time with the car though, front plate or not...its a ton of fun!
To answer the question...10! Our plates are also so flimsy that I had to put bulb seal on the edge to keep it from damaging the paint when it flexes - and that will be at anything over walking speed. It may not last, but I figured I'd start with one.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
x2 i just installed these mirrors the other night. The price is scary at first, but once you have them in hand, you understand why.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
To answer the question...10! Our plates are also so flimsy that I had to put bulb seal on the edge to keep it from damaging the paint when it flexes - and that will be at anything over walking speed. It may not last, but I figured I'd start with one.

Andrew
in MO if you get a 1965 plate registered to your car, its on it for life. and in 1965 they only had a rear plate. its restricted to mileage 1000 personal and anything else has to be logged like events and car shows. if i go to the grocery store thats an event:evil:people look at my car and then it becomes a show.:evil:

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Fun, Aint it?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts
Great job DRIVE it while you can it won't be warm and sunny for too much longer. You have January and February to finish off the little stuff

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.