Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week was the first start ... this week go-karting. It's coming together fast now. Ken Pike [Street Rod Painter] is getting the body ready for installation on the 25th. Graduation can't be far behind!
Go-karting is a blast! I am getting a taste of the future and it is good. Even just touching the throttle, the car responds like a thoroughbred ... eager to go.
Check-out the video. Credit to Jan as chief videographer. Great job!
Pete

[ June 04, 2007, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: GoGS_Racing ]

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Congrats! I remember our first start and first go-cart as well. Like it was yesterday. Our Roadster is in paint right now and I miss just taking it around the block for "test drives"...

Mark

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you can't find it, Grinde it!!! Hehehe...

Congrats!!!

Hopefully Ken at SRP will be ready to paint my car soon. ;) ;) ;) :D

Robert

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robert,
You caught me. The clutch didn't seem to disengage completely. Had to go-kart anyway.
Pete

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Cool stuff. I can not wait to see your paint combo. I am thinking about the same.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Sounds amazing. Congrats!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Conrats...sounds strong..looks good. Soon "Cobra Funs"
:D

·
Senior Charter Member
1,623 Posts
There's no ride quite the same as your first go-kart. Looks and sounds great. Congrats!

Tom

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
VERY VERY COOL! My first gocart ride left me very happy.
Now all rides are that way!
Have Fun!

Dan

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
VERY VERY COOL! My first gocart ride left me very happy.
Now all rides are that way!
Have Fun!

Dan

·
983 Posts
Congrats and thanks for sharing this moment. People who haven't built their own car will never really understand the feeling. I am cruising around here to see if weber has the caption contest winner and I downloaded your video.

I can tell you that every guy at FFR and every customer has a vivid memory of the first go kart ride. Be safe and enjoy every minute, as I take immense satisfaction watching this community grow and evolve into something i never imagined in my wildest dreams.

Dave Smith

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Congrats. Sounds great and the cart looks like a clean build. Wish I had your garage floor. Also, you drive like I do..ie..rolling stop..Pete

·
1,569 Posts
Congratulations! Another milestone reached. Just think, in-between all the other little odds and ends you still need to finish, you can open the garage door and take the go-kart for a spin any time you want now.

As Dave said, be safe and enjoy.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys. Yes, the first go-kart ride is pretty thrilling. I highly recommend it. For all of the builders out there that are getting close ... get on it. It's more fun than you can imagine. Now I'm looking forward to "Graduation". Here's a shot of the color scheme.

Martk8too, Yes, they are FFR side-pipes. They sound pretty mellow from the vidio and even from outside the car. BUT, after the first go-kart, I can testify that they are pretty loud from the drivers seat. I'll be looking for quieter pipes eventually.
Dave Smith,
Thanks for your wise words. Great support from FFR and from the forum.
Pete

·
OT Moderator
14,364 Posts
Originally posted by GoGS_Racing:
Robert,
You caught me. The clutch didn't seem to disengage completely.
Sure, yeah, right...

Ahh, I'm just jocking ya. Looking good.

BTW, I have 135 miles of go carting time. It's VEERY addicting!!! I'll actually finish it one of these days.

Rob.

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
Very cool video!! I could see the big grin on your face the whole time.

Cheers
Bill

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Hey Pete, you come to the Rock House Sports Bar yet in Livermore? we should meet sometime; your car sounds wicked (and yeah, adjust that clutch will ya???
)

I recall my first go kart and despite all the gravel hitting me everywhere, it was like riding a motor cycle with 4 wheels. Very responsive throttle and power that felt like it could go on forever (compared to my VW 1.8 liter of course!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts