Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not exactly. The donor teardown took 32hrs. The only thing left to do until I order the kit is a D&C (dusting and cleaning).

Thanks to PhysicsGeek for the engine dolly idea. Pics of the first go-kart ride with my two sons as the drivers!

Should be pretty fast even as a SOHC 4.6L mod-motor.

LOL.

Mark P.

·
1,589 Posts
That wheelbase is going to be nasty when the rear gets away from you!

Cool pic.

-Stu

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
hehe, funny pic, you'll have a hell of a time engineering the shifter linkage!

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
Is you cart tall enough to get the engine hoist legs under it? I had to support my engine by the k member, then slide the cart out from under it, then lowered it to the floor. Then I could get the legs around the k member just enough to hoist the engine up. I like the pics you took, they are funny. You shouldn't need the exhaust manifolds on when hoisting your engine, I put the straps under the heads, but incase of any slipage you may want to leave them on as something for a strap to catch on. Taking off the coolant hoses on the front of the engine will make it a bit easier to put into the frame. I also put the height equivalant of 2 tires under the rear to help with getting the engine in. I am looking into spacers between the block and motor mounts too to correct for the 4.6L gap problem. Here is a link to where I got my prothane motor mounts if you want to upgrade your flexable rubber mounts: laurel mountain mustang. Click under late model, then suspension parts, the prothane whatever and you'll see them listed for the 4.6L.

As far as the "gap" goes, I'm investigating the options and I think I have a great solution. Maybe I'll put together a kit, or work with another vendor(contact me if interested), stay tuned, we'll see. More on that later, got to make some measurements and get material to prototype a design.

[ November 01, 2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: PhysicsGeek ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts