Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor THRAMP has been sitting in the garage since about November. Yesterday, with sunny skies and temps approaching 60, I decided it was time to blow the cobwebs out. (Nope, supercharger isn't on yet - I still have to get the 4-into-4 headers.) Check fluids, tire pressures, turn on the battery switch. Battery voltage was low, but just barely enough to crank the engine. Cranked for bout two seconds and then it lit off. Ah, love that rumble!

I let it warm up, all guages indicating normal, and took it out for a quick spin. Driving my Neon all winter, I'd forgotten how much "manlier" THRAMP feels - the clutch is heavy, the shifter is notchy, ride is firm. Ran it up through the gears a few times, slowly at first as I reaquainted myself with the car and made sure there were no problems. As I approached the highway exit on the way back, despite all the chores I had to do I seriously considered motoring on just a bit farther.

Spring is here, and THRAMP still makes me grin. Drive on! :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bwana,

That California living must have softened you up. We've been out 4 times already this year. Today and tomorrow should be great with mid 70's temps. Have a good time.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Bwana, we missed you and tramp (we needed more blue ones) on the pines to palms run, Hope you checked out the pic's glad to hear you finally got out for a run, hope the next one is longer take care Tim --IAN--

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Tim, good to hear you shook the dust off THRAMP! Are you going to make it back to CA for the Knotts show?? There are a lot of awesome builds completed since you left for the wide open plains... As IAN said, we missed you on the Pines to Palms run. And you're right... anything less than 70 is still cold! Enjoy your Spring and summer before it gets cold again!

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I miss hills and twisty roads of SoCal. Can't make it out to Knott's this year. Setting my sights on driving out with the Arizona gang in 2007.

Drive on!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Good to hear from you Tim. Now that spring is here you need to get out on some Kansas cruises. We missed you on the Pine to Palm run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts