Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
I still like the looks of the C-7 better.

·
OT Moderator
13,891 Posts
I still like the looks of the C-7 better.
Really? You are definitely in the minority. I've seen, sat in, and heard 4 different C8's now at events, and let me tell you, you really have to see this car in person to appreciate it. It is leaps and bound far superior in every category to the C7. C7 looks, and feels old compared to the C8. And, I had the recent luxury to compare a fully loaded 3LT ZR-1 C7 to a 3LT Z-51 C8. The difference is other worldly. The interior of the C8 is so far far ahead of the C7.

C7's will plummet in value now, that will be the only good thing if you want one of the old dogs.

·
Snake Farmer
10,239 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..no wrong or right. I like the looks of the C7 better as well. Perhaps the gawd awful color of that C8 is part of the problem..but it looks a little to Euro-asian for my taste.

C7 on the other hand still looks Corvette like.

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Impressive car but 'meh' on the looks....Maybe it's like a Camaro and looks better in person. All the last few Vettes look like Transformers to me.

·
Charter Member
6,121 Posts
Geez Rob, a little rough on the C7s. I have a 2017 Z06 (2.5 yrs now), admiral blue, red 2LT interior, carbon race seats, carbon/ceramic brakes, 7 speed. Everytime I take it out, people are looking. Guys come up to me in the parking lot to talk about the car. It is, for sure, a sweet looking machine. Almost menacing looking. I had a 2015 gray C7 Z51 too. When the C7s came out, everyone said the same thing about the C6s. Ugly, values tanking etc. That wasn't the case then and I doubt it will happen now. The C6 Z06 values are pretty damn good compared to the original MSRP. Same goes with the C7s. We have corvettes of carlise about a 1 hr from my house every year. It is the largest corvette show in the US. I saw 8 C8s, sat in them, saw the frame without a body, listened to the Chavy engineers talk about the design, etc etc. It is a great looking car for sure. I can't wait to drive one. Maybe I will end up with a C8 a few years from now, who knows. THe C7 Z06 is an inane car, looks incredible, and has balls like you can't even imagine. My personal opinion is the C8 Z51 looks great, interior is great, engineering is great, BUT it is the same reason I ditched the 2015 Z51, it doesn't look total bad ass like the Z06. I can't wait untill the C8 Z06 comes out! They are talking about a flat plane 600hp NA V8. That thing is going to scream!!

You want depreciation and taking values, buy audi, BMW, mercedes, range rover. I bought a 2017 AMG GLS63 with 7000 miles, didn't even look like someone sat in ANY seat but the drivers seat for 91k. The MSRP is $135k. I had an Audi Q7, bought new (last time I am doing that) for 68k. My wife drove it for 2.5 yrs, 50,000 miles, book value was HALF!!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,120 Posts
Thanks for posting the Leno video. I am very impressed w/ the C8. Hate there is no stick trans but I guess that is coming more and more.

·
OT Moderator
13,891 Posts
Geez Rob, a little rough on the C7s. I have a 2017 Z06 (2.5 yrs now), admiral blue, red 2LT interior, carbon race seats, carbon/ceramic brakes, 7 speed. Everytime I take it out, people are looking. Guys come up to me in the parking lot to talk about the car. It is, for sure, a sweet looking machine. Almost menacing looking. I had a 2015 gray C7 Z51 too. When the C7s came out, everyone said the same thing about the C6s. Ugly, values tanking etc. That wasn't the case then and I doubt it will happen now. The C6 Z06 values are pretty damn good compared to the original MSRP. Same goes with the C7s. We have corvettes of carlise about a 1 hr from my house every year. It is the largest corvette show in the US. I saw 8 C8s, sat in them, saw the frame without a body, listened to the Chavy engineers talk about the design, etc etc. It is a great looking car for sure. I can't wait to drive one. Maybe I will end up with a C8 a few years from now, who knows. THe C7 Z06 is an inane car, looks incredible, and has balls like you can't even imagine. My personal opinion is the C8 Z51 looks great, interior is great, engineering is great, BUT it is the same reason I ditched the 2015 Z51, it doesn't look total bad ass like the Z06. I can't wait untill the C8 Z06 comes out! They are talking about a flat plane 600hp NA V8. That thing is going to scream!!

You want depreciation and taking values, buy audi, BMW, mercedes, range rover. I bought a 2017 AMG GLS63 with 7000 miles, didn't even look like someone sat in ANY seat but the drivers seat for 91k. The MSRP is $135k. I had an Audi Q7, bought new (last time I am doing that) for 68k. My wife drove it for 2.5 yrs, 50,000 miles, book value was HALF!!
Harsh, but the truth. You can't compare the drive, performance, handling, and feel of a mid engined car to a front engined car. The C8 is a new class of Corvette. I still predict the C7's to drop in value like a rock dropped into a lake. I agree on German cars, they depreciate at insane levels, which is why I'd NEVER buy one brand new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts