Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the adjustable clutch quadrant from Summit. As it turns out, and this order was via telephone, tge firewall adjuster was not included.

Am I right in assuming I will have to get this also? Is it fixed/retained into the sleeve for the clutch cable penetration?

Thanks,

Hank J.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Not sure on the adjustable quadrant....

The clutch cable comes ready to fit in the hole in the firewall. The Mustand does not use an adjustor at the firewall. It was only adjusts at the quadrant.

There is a white plastic end, and a dark rubber bushing kind of thing. If you can adjust the clutch you might not need the adjuster.

I have a fixed quadrant, and a firewall adjuster. I took off the black rubber- white end plugs into the firewall adjuster.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
If you got the Summit adjustable quadrant, then no you do not use the firewall adjuster. )It does not come with the Summit setup either) This setup adjusts via a threaded rod under the car at the fork end of the cable. Not a very convienient system. As each time you need to adjust you need to jack up the car, put in jack stands, etc...

We do sell the "original" Forte Quadrant and firewall adjuster. It uses the stock cable and there is no need to crawl under the car.
For Forum members the price is still $50.00.
We also sell a linkage kit which includes the cable, fork, and a fork extension, for $74.00.

Let me know if we can help you out.

Paul
Forte's Parts Connection
781-273-9900

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CC,

I will check but I'm pretty sure it is the summit one. I got the quadrant but did not get the threaded thingy that goes, I believe, onto the forward pedalbox support. Of course I got the cable also.

With regard to the fork and extension, that I'm sure I need. While I will probably be able to get an aluminum bellhousing at a local yard, I will need new of the other "stuff".

I'm leaving for vacation for 10 days starting tomorrow afternoon. I will contact you when I return to place an order.

Thanks,

Hank J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts