Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two are in the engine compartment. One aimed at the fuel lines/regulator behind the engine and the other aim at the top of the engine. I'm going to have two in the cockpit aimed at the footwells, and one above the fuel cell aimed at those fuel lines.

Any thoughts good or bad would be appreciated.

JC

· Registered
111 Posts
Sounds good to me. That's what I did, but with only 3 nozzles total, in same locations as yours http://www.summitracing.com/parts/saf-rs10aab/overview/. Are you going with a Halon based system...5lb or 10lb bottle? I am not an expert but I would think that going with 2 extra nozzles may require a larger capacity system in order to achieve the same duration of system activation?

Also, did you see my response re: your location of the pull handle for system activition. I don't like where you mapped it on the dash up in front of the shifter because it would make it more challenging / less likely for someone to pull it from outside if necessary. Mine is up on the dash but it's to left of steering wheel with the "E" decal on my door by the side mirror.

· Senior Charter Member
2,969 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank and where are you mounting it?

Marc

· Torque Junkie
2,164 Posts
Sounds good to me. The purpose of the system isn't to keep the car from burning to the ground. It's to keep the fire under control long enough for you to escape before you burn to the ground.

Pointing at the most likely ignition areas and around the foot boxes like you did is what you want.

· Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good to me. That's what I did, but with only 3 nozzles total, in same locations as yours http://www.summitracing.com/parts/saf-rs10aab/overview/. Are you going with a Halon based system...5lb or 10lb bottle? I am not an expert but I would think that going with 2 extra nozzles may require a larger capacity system in order to achieve the same duration of system activation?

Also, did you see my response re: your location of the pull handle for system activition. I don't like where you mapped it on the dash up in front of the shifter because it would make it more challenging / less likely for someone to pull it from outside if necessary. Mine is up on the dash but it's to left of steering wheel with the "E" decal on my door by the side mirror.
Dan,

I went with the OMP 4.25L AFFF system. I think it can handle 5 nozzles. Some of their diagrams show 6 nozzles.

I thought you had your electical cut off on the left of the dash? I can't move my elec cut off switch now without adding a splice in my wires, but I could put the fire pull handle on the left of my dash.

JC

· Registered
111 Posts
My electrical cut off is actually down low in front of the shifter. I guess I should consider moving it but that's where it was when I got the car. In this video when I take right handers you'll see my fire system pull on left side of steering wheel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2DDnpO4q4I
Looking forward to running with you at WGI one day...next year at the rate you're going?!?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.