Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you installing or better yet have installed the Finishline Windshield brace (the rod down the middle) how is it installed. I realize with windshield off the car but there is a little plastic screw in the bottom? What is that for..

And what are the teenie tiny size holes (what bolt size?) Think this was just asked but search was not helpful..

thanks

·
The Traveler
3,108 Posts
You should have a rod, a plate and two nuts tha tthread onto the end of the rod. At the bottom inside middle of the windscreen are two threaded holes. The plate should have a pair of holes that line up with the threaded holes. You need to find some SHORT screws to attach the plate. MAKE sure they are SHORT! Too long and you nick the glass and a crack results!! (Been there did that on one of my windscreen replacements!)
Fasten the plate on the windscreen. The non threaded end of the rod has a hook on it. It hooks over the back edge of the top of the windscreen and the threaded end goes through a hole in the plate. Put one nut above the plate and one below. Tighten the nut so the rod is tight.

The idea of the rod is to hold the top of the windscreen frame when running a soft top.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,277 Posts
After you snug the nuts down cut off the excess screw thread as it will hit dash. Also I had to egg shape the holes in the bracket a little to line up with the threaded holes in the windshield. Don't remember screw size. Great piece and steadys windshield even without top on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.