Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for info on the Finishline windwing install. Seems that some had trouble with stripping the holes in the windshield post. Some have drilled their own mounting holes in the post instead. Please let me hear your experiences with this. What is the best method? Pictures? Thanks,
Doug

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Do you already have the windwings Doug? FFR's clamp on the post.

I drilled through the posts aft of the w/s connection and through-bolted them on with real nice SS bolts and acorn nuts. Others have tapped the newly-drilled holes and gone without the nuts.

Good luck but DO NOT use the windshield mounting screws themselves. They have enough work to do, BUT, if you're determined to use them anyway, replace the brass inserts with stainless. Don't remember offhand who makes them. Might be Forte, might be Breeze.

A search will turn them up if you don't get another post soon.

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Whitby's has the SS inserts.
I've got the finish wings and there mounted in the existing W/S holes with the brass inserts.
The wings came with 10-32 filister head screws, but my W/S is 10-24. Bought a box if you need them.
I opened the hole in the mounting block up a little from the backside, but not deep enough so the lip where the screw seats is still there. The screw needs to be at a bit of an angle. to seat right.
If I had to doing again, I'd probably just drill 2 new holes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts