Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I received a Finishline windshield frame mounted side mirror for my birthday. It's a flat one but I am a fan of convex mirrors out there. I might exchange it but wanted to check with you guys first to see which you like on your Cobra...

So, post your preference! :D

convex? ...or flat!

·
7,676 Posts
Flat on the left and convex on the right.

In spite of what Raul Julia said in the "Gumball Rally" what's behind you is important.

Ray

[ May 03, 2005, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Ray ]

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
I went to the local Wal-mart and bought the 3.75" convex mirrors and they fit right in. Undo the two screws take out the flat and replace they fit perfect. I did both sides and can see much better.

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outstanding. I guess I'll keep the flats and run the convex for a test to see which I like better.

Thanks Tony!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
I've had both the Finishline flat and convex mirrors and there's not much difference between the two. So I went to the local NAPA store and bought a couple of cheap convex mirrors that are truly convex.

Anyway, they're about 4" in diameter, so I pulled the Raydot mirrors apart and replaced the glass with the NAPA units.

I've haven't driven my car yet with the new mirrors but they only cost a couple of bucks each, so I figure that it's worth a try. And I think that it'll actually work.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,526 Posts
Randy, If I were going to use a single windshield mounted mirror, I would use the Finish Line convex mirror. Much better view to the rear that the flat mirror IMO.

I use a pair of mirrors. The Finish Line convex mirror on the drivers side and a auto part store convex mirror attached to a flat Raydot mirror on the passenger side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts