Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of brake vent screens from Finishline and when I went to put them on they were nowhere close to being the same size as my vents. Before I send them back am I just being a candy ass about having to reform them that much or do the real old Mk I bodies (mine's 1056) have that much different vent style.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Mine from Finish Line were bigger than the holes. I just squished them to size, held them in place with a bungee cord, and then RTV'd them in place. Remove the bungee cord after 24 hrs. No problems after 2200 miles.

2FAST

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bernie, are you thinking that the grills fit into the openings? I did from the pictures on the Finishline site. when I installed mine, I glued them on the back side of the openings with the turned down edge forward. I fished some string in the grill and tied it off to the quick jacks to hold the screen to the body and globbed epoxy on the back side to hold them. They're so light, it doesn't take a lot of holding power. The hardest part for me was to get enough of the grill material to come in contact with the fiberglass to get a decent bond.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well duh..............

Those southern boys sure are a smart bunch. Ran up to home depot and got $1.30 piece of gutter guard per Mike's post and by the time I got back Tony had posted the obvious. Ran out and sure enough if you turn them around and pull them over the lip instead of trying to squash them inside they fit like a charm. And now I've got the piece I need for the oil cooler. Thanks guys. Wanna come to Kansas City and fix my gas guage and parking brake? Got beer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts