Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to having my car done but I was sitting in the driver seat last night and noticed the area forward of the door hinges is exposed and I can see the inside surface of the body. Sorry no pics right now. What is everyone doing to make this area more finished? It is especially noticeable with the doors open.

Thanks,

Jim in Pa

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Yea, the inside of the body is visible there. Did you undercoat the body, e.g. with bedliner? If so, it's kind of a textured flat black, and not bothersome at all. Also, did you install the expanding foam along the edge of the foot box and the body? (Or one of the many other ways guys have used to fill this area.) If so, that also limits how much you can see plus provides necessary blocking of warm air that would come through that area.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, the inside of the body is visible there. Did you undercoat the body, e.g. with bedliner? If so, it's kind of a textured flat black, and not bothersome at all. Also, did you install the expanding foam along the edge of the foot box and the body? (Or one of the many other ways guys have used to fill this area.) If so, that also limits how much you can see plus provides necessary blocking of warm air that would come through that area.
I have some black foam to stuff in there but I think I will still see some backside body area. No undercoat there. Thanks for your suggestions.

Jim

·
Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
Here's a pic of where I believe you are speaking of. I cut small pieces of carpet and worked them behind the frame. A little dark, but I think you'll get the idea:

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a pic of where I believe you are speaking of. I cut small pieces of carpet and worked them behind the frame. A little dark, but I think you'll get the idea:
Yes that's the spot I'm talking about. My carpet is black also so I think I'll just glue in some scraps and try to make it look better. Thanks for the reply.:)

Jim in Pa

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
Be careful jamming foam or spray foam in there. If you push out the fender you will have trouble opening the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.