162K views 135 replies 77 participants last post by  Sturmdog GTM 
#1 · (Edited)
Owned By FFR v

Attachments

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)
quote:
Originally posted by fact5racer:
Well, this week I got to drive my GTM and figured some would like to know my first impression. The car is now done except for the bodyshop doing it's final wet sanding and fixing a couple of imperfections and 2 scratches that I put in it assemblying it. The Upholstery is all done and the 2 last items I am waiting to arrive is the subwoofer and the billet cup holder. I figure I will do the other 2 speakers and subwoofer this winter after SEMA.
1. Noise: I have the borla mufflers on mine and I can honestly say it is quieter inside than my 02 Z06 that had Borlas on it was. What noise there is, is all engine noise, not exhaust or wind. You can carry a normal converation with your passemger, just ask John George as I took him for a ride today.
2. Handling, after getting the alignment done right, it handles really nice and when driving it, it is similar to a crotch rocket in that you are always going about 15-20 mph faster than you realize. My Speedo is calibrated also so it's telling the truth, plus it seems I am always coming up rather quickly on cars in front of me.
3.Rattles: NONE. It is VERY SOLID, much more than my coupes or spec racers.
4. AC.....works fine
5. I love the fact that we use the stock Corvette column with all OEM controls, they all work perfect.
6. Comfort: I am 6ft, 220 lbs (before twinkee) and with one exception, I fit fine and could spend hours in this car (and plan on it). The one exception is the "standard GT40" problem. Being so close to the front wheels the angled footbox is a pain on your left foot. Definitely a must is to plan on doing a wheel chock type angled deadman's pedal to rest your foot in a non-angled position, I will do it when I get back from SEMA.
7. Speed: Mine has a tweaked LS6 (Ex T1 track car) and it is a damn rocket. Like I said, it's like a crotch rocket in that you spend all your time wondering if a cop is around the corner.
8. Shiftng: The paddleshifting is really cool and I am getting the hang of it rather quickly. I have missed a few shifts in 3rd but Mastershift told me that it would take some tweaking during this intial testing. If I make sure I deliberatly make each shift clean it doesn't miss so it could just be me screwing up when it doesn't cleanly go into gear too. IT is awesome screaming down back roads shifting away without taking my hands off the wheel. Reverse is working fine and it's easy to make sure I am in Reverse because the backup camera comes on.
9. The backup camera is such an asset! I remember once I had my little flatbed trailer hooked to the back of my work truck in the driveway, I went to back my Corvette out and saw the truck in the mirror, but forgot all about the trailer and you guessed it, back to the bodyshop. Well, that can't happen with the camera. Even though I still guide myself with the mirrors it's great to just glance at my monitor to verify that it is all clear behind me.
10. Ride quality: Excellent! With the tires and rims that I have on it I thought it was going to be a buckboard but it gives a great ride.
11. Yes, it does stop traffic, and it's already getting anoying with having to explain what it is, especially at stoplights as cars constantly pull up to you and want to know more. That's when I wish I had some sort of FFR GTM brochure shooting gun mounted. I have already been asked twice: "Is that a Noble?" Of course I reply, "No, this is what a Noble wishes it was!"
12. Climbing in and out: You get used to it. It is more of a pain using 5 pt harnesses instead of the Corvette seatbelts but they are comfortable once hooked up. Plus I have the Schroth harnesses that have the 2" shoulder straps so they are not as obtrusive as 3" belts.[/QUOTE]

Gary

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks Tod. I have send fact5racer a message already. I just read a post or message that his car was for sale. I hope Gary and others who have nice idea's can help me in giving information so I do not have to invent the wheel again. My advantage also is that I have to pay less euro's for the car than ever so it get's more and more interesting to start asap. Grtz,

#21 ·
Who moved the Cheese???!!!

Someone shuffled the pics around in this deck and it's very frustrating. Used to be that all the pics were sequential and you could tell whose was whose.
Can somebody fix it back the way it was and then lock it down?
Also, can we get some more pics of various interiors posted?
Thx.

#22 · (Edited)
finally finished

Between waiting for wheels and the the body shop it is finally done less the minor things I need to do but what a CRAZY Car to drive I was impressed that it is a comfortable ride being a supercar drives great. i just want to thank everybody on this site you guys made it easier to do. Great info on here.

Peace
Gary

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.