Factory Five Racing Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finished GTM502 late 2019...Lots of fun! Did all of the work myself except for the final white and clearcoat. Located in Central Florida, working at Kennedy Space Center for 35 years. Doesn't quite compare to the rockets we launch! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car Race car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive exhaust Car

·
Junior Charter Member
666 Posts
Just about done with the reincarnation of the original gold GTM that was built by Gary Cheney. Long story, but it is now a widebody and has a brand new paint along with many other upgrades. It will be in the 2021 calendar that TazRules does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SN 047 picked it up about 1 1/2 years ago, the build was started but never finished. I made a few changes as you can see. I had lots of fun building it, now starting the registration process.........

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design

·
Sturmdog GTM
3 Posts
Did NONE of the work myself (I wouldn't fly or drive anything I built). Bought the car 5 years ago with custom wing, and it was pretty stock. You can see it as bought,
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
here.

Then I added a more functional wing-
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Decided to try my hand at some autocross and road track, but knew some improvements were needed. Lighter wheels, bigger brakes, front end sway bar, collapsible steering column, etc...the usual.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Oh yeah, and some racing seats.

·
Junior Charter Member
666 Posts
Did NONE of the work myself (I wouldn't fly or drive anything I built). Bought the car 5 years ago with custom wing, and it was pretty stock. You can see it as bought, here.

Then I added a more functional wing-

Decided to try my hand at some autocross and road track, but knew some improvements were needed. Lighter wheels, bigger brakes, front end sway bar, collapsible steering column, etc...the usual.

Oh yeah, and some racing seats.
You made some awesome changes to that car! Looks way better now. What seats did you get? Any pics of them?

·
Sturmdog GTM
3 Posts
You made some awesome changes to that car! Looks way better now. What seats did you get? Any pics of them?
Gosh darn, the car is in the shop, and I don't remember the seat type. I will say though that the driver's side is currently bolted to the floor pan
to give better clearance between my helmet and roof. I have a B2 Apex helmet which gives me the best clearance.

·
Sturmdog GTM
3 Posts
Also I am having new fuel cells fabricated because I was getting some leaks like others on this forum. Fittings were going bad also.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts