Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Finish Line Windshield center rod and mirror but now I am thinking it will not work on my FFR. The rod seems too long is this correct? Does anyone have any pictures of this center rod installed?

Finish line center rod

I also have center brkt
center brkt

Thanks Alan

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
On mine I found the rod was too close to the glass for the mirror to slide all the way up.
What I did was bend the top attachment to the windshield about 30 degrees towards the glass so the rod winds up further away. I believe I trimmed the end slightly also it would not hit the paint. I used a thinner nut as well to keep the nut away fron the paint also. Too bad you have to remove the windshield to install especially if you have to make mods to the rod along the way.
I also found the mirror clamp did not grip the rod very well. I cut a small piece of double back carpet tape and put it inside the clamp where the rod slides on. Between the extra effective diameter and the stricky surface the nmirros stays put.
Hope this helps.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks All, I am in the process of installing the windshield this week so I don't have to take it off for this add on.

SRP I sent a email to you, Thanks Alan

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Just went through the install myself. Finishline rod is to long. I cut it. Screw holes don't fit. redrilled.The nut still hit the body. Put a thinner nut on it and cut the nut at a angle.Finishline rod and bracket is not made for the cobra windsheild. I think it was made for the MG or some other English car.Still looks great once you make it fit. Roger

·
Charter Member
1,734 Posts
I made mine from off the shelf items at Ace Hardware. Looks great and nobody can tell-John

·
Senior Charter Member
6,800 Posts
I made one out of 1/8" aluminum angle and 3/16" stainless rod. Everything clears the dash.

Note: I will install my new windshield glass when I put the body back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts