Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I recently ordered an S/C dash from Finish Line. They shipped it right out, but (consistent with my recent run of bad luck on mail-ordered parts) one of the holes (turn signal indicator) is located in the wrong-spot - only about 1/8" from tach hole. The Tach bezel overlaps with the indicator hole.

I called Fininsh Line to report the problem. They've handled the issue with class (they paid to ship the dash panel back) and I've no complaints, but apparently their most recent batch of dash panels all had the problem and no one had reported it. It will be ~ 40 days before they have a new batch of panels.

So.. if you have a newly-purchased Finish Line S/C dash, you may want to check it out closely to see if you have the same problem... The small hole at about the 10-o'clock position of the tach hole is way too close to the edge of the tach hole.

Sherrell

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Just an observation...But if you are going to cover the dash panel with the vinyl or leather couldn't you have just back filled the hole and re-drill another hole in the correct spot? I know not what you paid for and all, but better than shipping back and forth and waiting 40 days. Of course if your not covering then that certainly would be an issue.
Strange no one else notified them though eh?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For $175 I want it to be right. Just a fetish of mine...

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Try not to bash the vendors I'll send you a pic of mine installed it is perfect, you'll need to provide an email adress I'm to stupid to figure out how to post pics.Or easy directions on how to post it Bob

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob,

No vendor bashing here. I clearly stated I was happy with the manner in which Finish Line is handling this. Their supplier goofed and no one had reported it to them.

That said, the facts are the facts and folks who have recently orderd one of those dashes might want to know...

I also recently got a bum QT bellhousing that I had to return. QT handled it well. Told me it was the first BH they had had returned in 3 years...

Just my luck!

Sherrell

·
Cobra Junky
786 Posts
Sherrell,
I beleive our luck is sourced from the same vendor...LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.