Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting with Dad's account..

We got in our nudge bars & overriders, we're in the process of finishing details and installing all the hardware back on the painted car..

We're at a loss on how we're going to install these things. The bolts are too big for the overriders (3/8"). I guess we need to buy threaded rod and use that to mount these things?

Any one... any one.. Bueller? :D

Thanks in advance,

Will

·
Registered
785 Posts
I used 7/16" threaded rod. The spacers cover it up and it works fine. What is nice about the threaded rod is you dont have to drop the gas tank to install the rear nudge bars/overriders when the body is installed.

·
7,823 Posts
I just installed these today. they werent from Finish line however. Mine were M10 threaded holes in the overriders. Be careful yours may be also. Are you trying to use the hardware supplied by FFR? Also you may find that the spacer that FFR used may be too short for your over riders. The FFR over riders have a plate welded in the back that is close to the back surface. the threaded ones have a boss all the way down inside. You may need to make up this difference. Its about 1.25 inches. Hope this makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts