Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just realized I didn’t put socks on the sunvisors for the pictures, is this going to be an issue?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The physical inspection is two part. The first one is for the VIN number with the troopers. They could care less about that stuff. All they want to see is the paperwork and serials numbers of the major components. They run all the serial numbers to be sure nothing is stolen. If anything comes back they will confiscate the vehicle and yes they wear guns. Once this inspection is complete you send a copy of the signed form back to the guy in Albany and he sends you a letter that allows you to get the car inspected. The letter you receive has a spot for your regular inspection guy to date and sign that the safety inspection was completed on the car. Unlike a regular vehicle you register, you do not get a "10" day sticker when you register it. The car must be inspected prior to getting it registered. The guy you sent the paperwork into in Albany is very thorough. I would call him and explain you forgot to pad the visors and send a revised photo to him. He is well aware of what we do with the sock to cover the visor.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The physical inspection is two part. The first one is for the VIN number with the troopers. They could care less about that stuff. All they want to see is the paperwork and serials numbers of the major components. They run all the serial numbers to be sure nothing is stolen. If anything comes back they will confiscate the vehicle and yes they wear guns. Once this inspection is complete you send a copy of the signed form back to the guy in Albany and he sends you a letter that allows you to get the car inspected. The letter you receive has a spot for your regular inspection guy to date and sign that the safety inspection was completed on the car. Unlike a regular vehicle you register, you do not get a "10" day sticker when you register it. The car must be inspected prior to getting it registered. The guy you sent the paperwork into in Albany is very thorough. I would call him and explain you forgot to pad the visors and send a revised photo to him. He is well aware of what we do with the sock to cover the visor.
I appreciate the info thank you. If there is anything they see and need better pics do they usually email to make process fast and easy or is it by mail?
thanks
joe

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
2,017 Posts
I appreciate the info thank you. If there is anything they see and need better pics do they usually email to make process fast and easy or is it by mail?
thanks
joe
"Fast and Esay" and "NYS DMV" are never to be used in the same sentence. Seriously though, follow the instructions to the letter and be patient. You car will be on the road soon enough.

·
Registered
175 Posts
thanks
joe
They didn't email me. I got a letter that said they needed a picture of the left side mounted mirror. I didn't have one and only had the center on on the window. I added the side mirrors to the wind screens and sent the picture in. I sent everything to them FedEx in hard copy so i had a positive trail to track if anything got screwed up. I think calling them and confirming that we were all set might have saved a little time? It is a process and I agree with the other post. Patience will be good, but frustrating.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a letter today stating that they need bulb colors & sidemarkers??and all dot sae #s with proof. I don’t understand what the point of that paper that I had to fill out with all of that info on it if there asking me again

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
technical department said that headlights are unacceptable because has no sae# and blinkers unacceptable because there’s no “I“on them? these are all lights that came with kit, please help with info
thankyou

·
Registered
175 Posts
For side markers, use the same numbers as the parking light. Since they protrude the front they count as side markers. I just took the numbers that are on the lenses and headlights that where in the kit. Just looked on my application. No SAE listed on the headlight, just used the DOT number H6204DOT. The front turn signal number on my lens was SAE IP06 DOT I used this number for the front number for the front and rear side markers.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For side markers, use the same numbers as the parking light. Since they protrude the front they count as side markers. I just took the numbers that are on the lenses and headlights that where in the kit. Just looked on my application. No SAE listed on the headlight, just used the DOT number H6204DOT. The front turn signal number on my lens was SAE IP06 DOT I used this number for the front number for the front and rear side markers.
the only markings I have on my lights are rear-saej585/588 front-sae j588/222 and they said they are no good. So my tail lights and brake light is invalid aswell? I just don’t understand how none of my light with kit are valid #s. what are your tail/brake #s?
appreciate your help
thankyou

1 - 13 of 13 Posts