Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing the spinners on my turbine rims. The rears were a straight bolt on, no issues. The fronts were a bit more complicated. I had to cut the stock mounts off the risers on my lathe then redrill/tap the mounting holes. Wasnt a big deal but without a lathe it would have been a bummer. Still need to clean the front rims up....

Rear:

Front

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Stang8s;
I just ordered my spinners from CorvetteSouth on Friday.
Yours look real good. Just the look I'm going for.
You didn't have to cut anything at all off of the rears? How much did you have to cut off the fronts?
I was wondering how to cut down the fronts. I'll have to survey everyone I know and see if I can find someone with a lathe to cut 'em down.
Do you mind if I ping you with questions when I get started modifying mine?
Thanks.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
948 Posts
Always thought the turbines where good looking wheels. The spinners really finish them off nice.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys.
Lawrence, thats where i got mine too. The rears i didnt cut anything, in fact the rears are pretty small, you have to extend the 3 sets screws alot to secure them.

The fronts, I cut the entire mount off the risers. You will see when you get them what i mean. The rears attach as designed with the 3 setscrews pushing outward on to the rim. The fronts you dont have a hole in the rim because your spindle/bearing cap stick through the rim. So if you cut the mount off completely you can fit it over the part that sticks through, drill/tap new setscrew holes and have them pushing IN.

I have some spots where there is white corrosion under the clear coat that i need to take care of.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
My clear coat was so bad, I just used some of the aircraft grade paint remover from Wal-Mart and the scuff pads to take it off. I'll probably go one more cycle of that when I take them of to put the spinners on. They look pretty good that way but I may have to paint or clear them again to cut down on maintenance.
The stock tires on those wheels was 225/60-15. I'd like to go to 245s (the smallest size the Goodrich Radial T/A is still available in) but don't know if I can jump two sizes. What size are you running on yours?
Thanks for the info.
Good Luck,

·
Senior Charter Member
1,016 Posts
lperry,

When I had my turbines (just upgraded to bullets this year), I had 255s on the back and 235s on the front (here is a shot with my spinners).

Gratz

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Those were love/hate wheels . I like them , my friends hate them . A little media blast and some clear coat they should be sweet. Hey Gratz nice job . Back in the day I couldn't get 200 bucks for a 1 year old set. Now it's that much for a beat up set. Bob

·
Junior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
Those are going to look great when they are cleaned up!!

·
Senior Charter Member
798 Posts
I liked them when I had my Mustang, but they just don't make it on the Cobra for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts