Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It will be 4 years in January since I purchased my car and I think I've finally got it like I want it. I took it apart 2 years ago for a quick rebuild and paint job but had a little set back of Cancer and then a Heart Attack along the way but I was determined to finish this thing on my own! Here's what I accomplished:

Engine: 306ci with GT40p heads, B303 cam, Canton pan, Dual 450 Holleys on a Blue Thunder intake with BBK 4x4 headers disguised as an FE with Superharts valve cover adapters.

Suspension: FFR tubular narrowed front and rear to pin drive width and added rear coilovers with a 3.73 rear gear.

Wheels are Vintage knock offs with Mickey Thompson 235/60/15 front and 295/50/15 rear rubber.

Seats are the Mk 3.1 steel framed and also did complete 80/20 loop pile carpet with a competition dash layout and vintage Autometer gauges.

Paint is Dupont Guardsman Blue with GM Artic White stripes.

The 1st pic is the car when I first bought it then the second is the July 2008 picture of the month photo right before I tore it apart. All the rest are as of today.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Beautiful job, Lex ... the car looks fantastic!! Congrats!! :beerchug:

Now we'll see how long b/f more mods are in the works!

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,357 Posts
Beautiful Lex. Nice change to old skool.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Beautiful job! Looks so original!!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
Beautifully rebuilt! Great attention to detail and well executed. Now go out and drive it!

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve, Its just enough motor to get you in trouble with a nice lumpy idle but easy to drive at slow speeds in traffic.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lex, looking good. Did you change painters or did you guy come thru? Congrats..
Same guy painted it. I just got it out of the shop he was working for and he painted it somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts