Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked many questions but have yet to post any build photos. Here they are. Picked up kit on Oct. 28th, 2006. Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks,
Doug

Here's my build buddies. That's my dad guiding the engine in. We rebuilt a 64 1/2 Mustang that he now uses as a daily driver since he retired. It was fun to have 3 generations helping on the car.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Congrats...looks real good.

·
3,798 Posts
Nice job so far. Your helpers look that they are excited about the build too.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
It's coming right along.. But then you have all that help!
It looks real good too!

Skip

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
looks great. WHy is the rear rubber brake hose so tight?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trevor,
You are right, it does look tight. It is an illusion. It has an "S" in the hose when looking at it from the side. From the angle of the picture you can't see the slack.

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Get R Done... Like Cobra 302 was saying.. more guys to go out with in our area.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,324 Posts
Dfresh, Beautiful job. Real clean build. I'll be there in about 3-4 weeks if I can ever sync up with Mike Forte to get my tranny ordered.

Go Pats!!!!!!

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
Nice neat work. Your two boys will remember this car and working with thier father and grandfather on it for the rest of their lives. Isn't that great? Maybe see you at the FFR open house. :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
SMOKIN.... Hope to see you and HER in the spring.
The more I see all these pics the more I realize I either really missed building OR am so glad I bought a turn-key. Either way they are all great looking brutes.

·
644 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
2,860 Posts
Looks absolutely great. You guys must be working 24/7. Building is what it's all about...what are you going to do when done; car only fits two? Maybe a 'rumble' seat?

Thanks for the PIC's.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the nice comments. I am trying not to get too carried away (it's tough)and I am trying to "keep it simple" and clean. I hope to be go-karting in the Spring. I will do hidden body mounts and trunk hinges then I will have to see how the finances are for paint. It may have to wait until end of Summer. You never know though!

The boys are already arguing with my wife over who gets the first ride, I have a feeling my wife will win that one!

The little guy, Alex, is the most interested and has helped the most.
Doug

1 - 20 of 26 Posts