Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Runs with scissors!
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may recall my situation waiting (and waiting....and waiting) for a crankshaft from Scat. Well, it finally arrived and my machinist was able to do his thing and I have all the parts back (description in my sig)

First thing was paint. I was still debating what color to paint the CAR, but I have now committed myself by deciding that the engine and brake calipers will match the body and I have painted them the same color blue that is on my 2000 Yamaha R1. It's technically called a deep purple metallic, but I was able track down a paint code for it and a local paint shop reproduced it for me in a basecoat/clearcoat lacquer. The guy at the paint store said that code also came up as being available for late 90's Corvettes.

So, this blue will be the main color. The stripes will either be white or millenium silver, haven't decided yet.

Well, here's some pictures. I'll let it cure till Monday and then the assembly begins!

·
Runs with scissors!
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the bike it will "match"

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Too pretty to put in a car. Keep it in your den. :D Pete

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
Nice looking block...and motorcycle too. That blue with polished wheels look really nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts