Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since being put up on jackstands since arrival, we finally had initial touch down a few days ago.

To provide a definitve answer to the question of which Bullitt wheels fit on Fox spindles with Lincoln 5-lug rotors with no modifications what-so-ever to the wheels or rotors...

Wheels & tires are from www.americanmuscle.com
Fronts: 17"x9" 275-40-17 Sumitomos
Rears: 17"x10.5" 315-35-17 Sumitomos
The service from these guys was incredible. Ordered online and received four wheels & tires mounted and balanced within one week.

Center caps fit fine, wheels seat to the rotors perfectly, no issues at all.

On to the next big thing...hopefully the block comes back from the machine shop this week.

[ September 26, 2007, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Gatorback ]

·
Charter Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK...pictures should now show up. Switched to photobucket for the photo hosting site.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are they the Anthracite or the Hypercoat bullits??

Thanks
BUG

·
Big Kahuna
5,671 Posts
Absolutely awesome Pete. Thanks also for the heads up on the wheels. Those are certainly my choice.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Looking good!!! Congrats on this milestone. Pete

·
221 Posts
Gatorback,
Do you really have 275’s on the front without rubbing the “F” panels or was that a typo?
We have what look like the same wheels with 245/40/17 up front.
The fronts just barely touch at full lock. Maybe our 15:1 manual rack has more travel?
The overall width of the front tires sidewall to sidewall is about 66” the top of the front wheel openings on the body is about the same.

Your roller looks great. We put ours on the ground for the first time not long ago; feels good for sure!

-Bill

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
OH Happy days!Looks good to me. Roger

·
Charter Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUG - They are anthracite. The pictures kind of wash the colors out since they were taken in direct sun, but the difference between the anthracite and the aluminum is more apparent in person.

BB - Yes, 275's on the front. I had tossed around the idea of 245's or 275's and there are plenty of people on the forum who have done both. What finally made my decision was when I placed the order for wheels and tires, only the 275's were in stock. However, you are right with rubbing issues on the F panels. At full lock on the stock mustang power rack, the panels get rubbed a tiny bit. I did temporarily mount the body and there should be plenty of room for it. I figure once everything is together and wheel alignments are correct, I'll check the rub issues again and add some kind of stops to the rack to prevent full lock or hammer in the F panels slightly. Bottom line, I don't think the 275's will present much of an issue to resolve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts