Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,990 Posts
Nice work I love it. Were you able to make sets of the flairs to sell to others. I am still interested. Again that really looks cool.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,833 Posts
That looks great. Just how wide are the tires? They look like NASCAR rims.

I don't think I'd have enough room in the garage if my FFR was that wide (with a 2nd car next to it.)

It blends in really well with the lines; I did have to do a double take.

·
Registered
984 Posts
WOW!

I am an avid auto design critic, and I really like what you’ve done with the headlights!

Just kidding. Those flares are awesome! Will you do my roadster when I get it???

Clutch

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
That is impressive workmanship and pretty mean looking - has the stance of a pit bull. I wouldn't want to mess with that Cobra, or a pit bull! Congratulations, really nice.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The flares are of my own design. I started out just wanting to get rid of the lip on the wheel well, but once I starting laying up the plug, I decided to go for broke, and make enough room for some huge meat to fit , without having to go with oddball backspacing. Unfortunately, they do not make a 15" radial big enough to fill them up. It could handle around twelve inches of treadwidth. I was hoping to compliment the shape of the front flares, and I think they do pretty well.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
makes me glad I dropped mine as per your instructions....not quite done but moving forward w/it
Thanks FunFord!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I think it looks great. Also, you'll have fun at car shows just to see who notices the difference.

I've thought I'd like to do the FIA type fenders like the poster here...

But, it's alot of work to change. I've got to hand it to ya...it looks good..quality job. :cool:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks great, I love it! I see you are using alternative fuel. That is a very large tank and maybe it shouldn't be in the passenger's seat.

Mike M.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts