Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may sound stupid but where does the gear oil and friction modifier go? I don't see a filler hole (or if I do, I don't know what it looks like)

I have a used steel pumpkin. Anyone got any pics of where/how this gets filled?

Also is there a specific gear oil or friction modifier I should look for?

Thanks in Advance,

Steve

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Steve,

The filler hole is on the upper right side of the pumpkin (looking from back of it).

In this picture of my 2003 Cobra IRS you can see a small black hose sticking out of it (on the left side of it, since we are looking at it from the front):

easily seen here:

good luck !

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
Registered
207 Posts
Steve,

You can see the fill plug on the bottom right of the picture. The one at the top is a vent and not a fill opening. I used a ratchet with extension to unscrew the plug, and filled directly through the hole when it was mounted in the frame.

I also bought a funnel at Advance that has a long flexible tube attached to the bottom that fit into the plug hole on the diff cover so that I could fill it. Funny thing is that I didn't use it at all. You can just squirt the gear oil and friction modifier right in the hole without a mess. Just put the modifier in first, then squirt the gear oil in until it just starts to come out the fill plug - no more.

I used Mobil 1 - 75W-90 synthetic gear oil, and a tube of standard friction modifier usually found next to the gear oil at your local parts store.

~Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.