Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the best place to do this still in the water neck where the thermostat is? Or can I fill with water in the top of the manifold where the temp sending unit is? I was spacing out when I went ahead and siliconed the gasket on the thermostat housing.

Mike O.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
I always just held up the aluminum pipe and filled. Squeezed the lower hose a few times, add/squeeze etc. Tightened everything up and added some to the stock overflow.

Never had any problems.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Mike what is your set up? Are you useing the T filler with radiator cap blocked off? If so just fill thru the T filler till full. If possible jack the car up so the T filler is the highest part of your cooling system. Squeezing the bottom hose does'nt hurt while filling and may help remove some air before start up. Once done let the engine come up to temp for a few minutes then allow to cool. The air gets purge everytime the motor goes thru the heat up and cool down cycle and may take a few times till all air is out. Be sure to keep the overflow bottle 1/2 full durng this prosses and only add coolant there. I never filled thru manifold or such,only at the T filler.

·
1,648 Posts
Mike also if your using aluminum heads, use distilled water.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts