Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post a follow-up to an earlier thread (now in the FAQ section) showing my Fiero E-brake installation. This installation was done on a solid-axle car with Sube Clubman seats.

Thanks to John at My427SC.com for providing the free photo hosting service!

Homemade equalizer bar:

Cable ends "snapped" into 2" tubing

View from bottom:

I built a 3/4" tube "sub frame" flush with the bottom of the 2" tube to mount a sheet metal weatherproof box to (see photos later in thread):

Driver's side cable exit. I had to shorten the stock Mustang cable and route it around the wheel along the lower control arm.

Continued...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weather-proof box:

Here is the completed brake lever relative to the seat. Note that my seat is positioned so that the inboard mounting track is bolted to the inboard side of the main 4” frame tube (see welded-on tabs in first photo). I am not sure where others are mounting their Clubmans, but they might not clear the lever if they are further outboard.

Cable routing:

Passenger side cable routing:

·
Senior Charter Member
618 Posts
It looks very nice!

Don't you have to wait to put the rivets down the edge of the panel until the "u" shaped aluminum piece under the door is in? I was looking at this on mine today.

Cody

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doh!

Cody, I think you're right. Guess I got a little over zealous with the rivet gun. Looks like I got some drilling to do...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
616 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. I had read your post a while back and flagged it as a modification that I wanted to do, but the links to your original pictures had expired. This will save me a lot of guess work. I was also wondering how to make it water tight and now I know.

Thanks
Donny

·
6,327 Posts
Very nice work Redd. Where in So Cal are you located? Barry Mattingly thought you were nearby me but not sure where exactly.
Frank

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'M IMPRESSED!

JACK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.