Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you say YEEHAW! or HOT Damn! Sierra Hotel!
I knew this day would eventually come, as usual later than sooner. But what a great feeling! No more designing and fabrication. I'm finished with the prebuild. Everything is on the car and fitted. All that's left is the carpet which I'll start while the body is out being painted.
Still a few cleco's holding stuff together. Took the baby out for it's short road adventure to get gas. (I'm all titled,insured and registered) Couldn't even get out of the gas station in gray gelcoat with out some guy asking if it was real.
He shook my hand and said what a neat accomplishment. With a full smile ear to ear I thanked him. Need to set the ride height higher, springs have settle a bit, but no leaks and temp held constant 190. I had it on the dyno as a go cart previously so I knew it pretty much OK. This week I'll start taking it to the body shops I picked out to get some better more firm quotes now that they can see and better understand what's left to do. Then disassembly and trailer the body to the shop. Won't bore you with gelcoat pictures. I'll wait till the snake shines.
Later.......
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Congratulations. I take it you're not near all the damage from Charley?

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, Very, very fortunate with Charley. I live about 30 mile north of West Palm Beach, close to the coast. We got very little rain and only about 20mph winds. Less than our normal summer 3:00pm afternoon thunder storms. From the looks in the paper this morning a portion of the west coast got slammed really bad. This is the first time I can remenber in 30 years that Disney World closed! Again I think they mostly got a lot of rain and less wind a the storm tracked inland and died down.
As far as what color I'm painting, you'll just have to wait! Well back to adjusting springs so I can drive over a few bumps without the tires rubbing and a little more aluminum polishing. I did make up a few more speciality pieces last week before I drew the line in the sand.
Later.....
Bob Mac
FFR3981

1 - 6 of 6 Posts